Sunday, January 31, 2010
I hope its not to early to say this but I think we have dodged a bullet. Since our release from Rex on Thursday I have had an uneasiness about us possibly having Hilary go into labor again. She and I sat and watched out our living room window as the snow began to fall Friday evening and discussed every scenario in the book. We considered going back to the hospital, staying with family close to the hospital, or staying home. Obviously we opted for the later and thank God we have made the right decision up unto this point. I took a drive today to survey our route for the most part and I think if there is any change in her condition, we can certainly make a safe go at it. We have a doctors appointment on Tuesday and will fill everyone in on our status afterwords. I can tell ya, after sitting on the couch beside Hilary and her tummy for 2 straight days and watching her shirt move as if she had 2 puppies under it playing tag, I think those girls are running out of space.Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Posted by Hilary & Bryant at 6:43 PM
Thursday, January 28, 2010
The doc was just in and has decided to send us home. The thought of not being serenaded by the sweet sounds of IV equipment beeping every 30 minutes, large wooden doors slamming in the middle of the night, and not wearing those sexy hospital gowns has left Hilary a little down but she said if she must go home,then she will. The doctor based this decision on Hilary not having a definitive pattern in her contractions and no change in the cervix since yesterday. He will send us home with a medication called Pracardia which a calcium blocker. Its used relax the uterus. She will be on 100% bed rest at home until the girls decide to get antsy and create a consistent contraction pattern requiring us to get back to the hospital. With this being our next steps on this journey of unknowns and suprises, I would like to thank our amazing familiy for not skipping a beat in taking care of Bryson and Stone while we were at the birthing center. Thanks to our friends for the emails and support. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. And most of all, thanks to God, our strength and refuge as we continue this journey.
Posted by Hilary & Bryant at 8:43 AM
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Hilary and I are expecting twin girls and after some strong contractions on Monday, we have set up camp at the Rex Birthing Center to see if the little ladies are ready to experience life on the outside. Our due date is March 11th and we are in our 34th week. The doctors actually had to prevent her from going into full blown labor with IV meds for the past 2 days so they could administer drugs that ensure lung development is sufficient for breathing out of the womb. From this point forward there is no turning back once they begin so the big question is how long will it be? Whats your guess? I feel a little contest coming on here......got it, start replying with your guess of date and lets even to the minute so we can have definitive winner in more than one person guesses the same date. To the winner, a gift bag of the most amazing handmade soaps made by the areas premier local soap maker. These soaps are created with all natural oils, scents and herbs.With one use, you will see, smell and feel the difference between it and the other stuff. Whatcha waitin for....TELL ME THE DATE, I WANNA KNOW!
Posted by Hilary & Bryant at 12:58 PM