Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cooking It UP!!

Bryant told me he had something planned for us last Saturday. Was not quite sure what it was, but very curious the whole week and I kept asking him what it was. He would not give in! He did tell me the time it would be which was from 3 pm to 7 pm. Saturday FINALLY came around and Gran Gran came to watch the kids and we left the house at 2:45. We went the total opposite direction from where I thought we would be going. We headed East. I had no idea by that time. Then we pulled into a shopping center we go to sometimes. The first thing that popped in my mind when he asked if I know yet was Laugh Out Loud Comedy Club. He said nope. So, then I just had no idea because I did not think he would be taking me to one of our favorite restaurants, SkyLines Cafe,  at 3pm in the afternoon. Then we started walking up to the door of SkyLines, which doesn't open until 5pm. Uh..."Bryant they are not opened yet". "They are for us my dear!" So, we walked in and surprise...we were attending a gourmet cooking class. How cool is that!

So we sat around and the owner spoke with us about what we would be doing. It started out with a vendor from the Clayton Farmer's Market (Sat. mornings) who makes fresh squeezed "twister". She showed us how they make them and they are very addicting! She also sells Kettle Popcorn if you are ever out there you will have to stop by her station. And, we did learn that we will be going to the Clayton Farmer's Market more often! Skylines' gets most of their vegetables from the Clayton Farmer's Market.




Then we went to learn how to make Brown Sugar Chess Pie....



And off to the kitchen to cook our main course....



And last, the pepper station! We learned how to make stuffed jalapeno peppers....



After that, we mingled and had a little bit of a wine tasting. Then, we sat down for an awesome gourmet dinner....




Thanks to Tina, Mary, Melrose and the entire staff for a fabulous time and awesome meal...



And, thank you Bryant. I love you my awesome hubby! What a great treat for both of us and it was a blast! We will definitely be doing this again!

If you live around Clayton area and would like to join us again, they have the cooking class every third Saturday of the month.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea!! Looks like it would be a blast, and the food looks scruptious. Glad you had a great time. You deserve it girl!!

    Love,
    Karisa

    ReplyDelete